The following restrictions are to ensure your skin is in the best possible condition for an amazing Microblading procedure.
Please read carefully:
- Please do not excercise on the day of the procedure as the body heat will expand the pores.
- Please do not shape or wax your brows before your procedure, your technician will shape your brows during the procedure.
- No Electrolysis, waxing, tweezing, tinting or eyelash extensions is allowed for at least 5 - 7 days before the procedure.
- Botox, Fillers, AHA products and retinoids should be avoided for 2 - 4 weeks prior to the procedure.
- Chemical and Laser peels should be avoided no less that 6 weeks prior to the procedure.
- Please do not wear makeup on the day of your procedure.
- Avoid heavy sunlight and especially sunburn 3 days before procedure. Skin should not be in process of healing before procedure!
- Where possible, try to avoid the following herbs and spices prior to your appointment: Black pepper, Cardamom, Ginger, Cayenne, Cinnamon, Garlic, Horseradish & mustard.
- Do NOT drink coffee or anything with caffeine the day of procedure.
- Patients prone to cold sores / fever blisters are to medicate with an anti-viral prior to the trement, and can only have the procedure once fully healed.
- Do NOT take Aspirin (anticoagulants), Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen, omega-3, unless medically necessary, 48-72 hours prior to the procedure. (Tylenol or acetaminophen is okay!)
- Do NOT drink alcohol 24 hours before the procedure.
- Please note that hormone therapies can affect the pigmentation retention and / or cause sensitivity.
The following treatments should avoided within four weeks of the procedure:
- Botox or other fillers
- Chemical Peels
- Laser treatments
Please note that the Microblading procedure cannot be performed if:
- You are pregnant or breast feeding.
- You are on blood thinning medication. This will need to be stopped for at least a month with consent from your doctor.
- You are undergoing Chemo or Radiation Therapy. (You will need consent from your Doctor and treatment should be finished at least 6 months prior to the Microblading procedure)
- You are using Ro-accutane or similar dermatological medication.
- You are under the influence of alcohol, tranquilizers or any form of suppressant or hallucinatory drugs.
- You have previous permanent makeup over the brow area. This will need to be professionally removed before commencing.
If you are in any doubt, please call us or email us with your questions, we're happy to help.